Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) is committed to provide Safer People and Safer Places across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have 20 stations and employ just over 700 staff; 580 of which are firefighters. We attend and resolve over 8,000 emergency incidents each year.
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland covers an area of more than 979 square miles. It has a network of major motorways, an international airport, large scale businesses, buildings of historical importance and protected wildlife sites. Our population is growing and ageing; at present it stands at just over 1.1 million people. We are diverse and multicultural, with varying degrees of affluence and social deprivation. About 25% of the population are from minority ethnic communities, with Leicester City having the highest proportion of black, Asian and mixed-race communities at 55%.
We are seeking to appoint an individual of exceptional calibre to the position of Assistant Chief Fire Officer who can join our Strategic Management Team and help deliver an efficient and effective service to our people.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated and resilient individuals who are open to change and to challenge our culture and are looking for the opportunity to lead and develop our Service
• You will be a competent tactical level incident commander with significant experience of Incident Command at Level 3.
• You will have a depth of knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Fire Service functions, including a proven track record of successfully managing physical, financial and human resources
• A proven track record of innovation, change management and achievement in strategic and operational activities
• You will have highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly & concisely present complex issues at a strategic level
• You will be able to demonstrate personal credibility and political awareness to influence at all levels with proven leadership skills, strong performance focus and commitment to improving public service delivery.
• The post holder will be expected to provide operational cover and therefore live within Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. A relocation package may be available
The process will consist of:
Submission of an application form detailing how your skills align with the Person Specification and Job Description. Shortlisting will take place after this; should your application progress:
• Online assessments
• Assessment Centre - week commencing 18 March 2019
• Member interview and presentation - 12 April 2019
For an informal discussion with Rick Taylor, Chief Fire Officer, please contact Executive Support on 0116 229 2054 to arrange a suitable time.
There is currently one substantive vacancy, however candidates who are successful in the selection process but not initially appointed may be considered for any further vacancies which may arise within the next 12-month period.
The closing date for the return of completed application forms is midnight on 24 February 2019.